This past weekend my husband I got together with his family for a cookout out and I was asked to bring dessert. I will go ahead and admit that dessert isn't exactly my favorite contribution to a meal. I'm not sure if it's because I don't care too much about sweets, or if it's because I'm just not confident in my baking skills. I just so happened to have quite a few green apples, so I went on a Pinterest mission to come up a sweet way to put them to good use. Caramel apples were the first thing that popped into my mind, but those aren't the easiest to eat. When I came across a recipe for caramel apple dip, I knew it was the perfect choice...no mess and no baking. This was so simple and took little time to put together and it was very addicting!
I will definitely be reaching for this recipe again holiday parties this fall and winter.
Recipe via Jennifer Cooks
Caramel Apple Dip
4 granny smith apples
2 8 oz package of 1/3 less fat cream cheese
½ cup of powdered sugar
Caramel apple dipping sauce
Heath Bits ‘O Brickle Toffee bits
1. Soften the block of cream cheese in the microwave in a small mixing bowl.
2. Add the powdered sugar to the softened cream cheese and mix well.
3. Pour the mixture in a serving bowl. I recommend shallow.
4. Spread the caramel apple dipping sauce over the top of the cream cheese mixture.
5. Top with the toffee bits.
6. Slice the apples and serve.
NOTE: slice the apples before serving in order to avoid them turning brown.