It’s a little messy, but so delicious you won’t even care if the juice runs down your arm. I’m talking about a fresh, ripe, tomato sandwich with a few added goodies, in between 2 slices of sourdough bread. It’s the ultimate summer sandwich, and today I’m sharing my take on it! Now don't get me wrong here, there is nothing special about this sandwich. I just thought it would serve as a nice reminder of how delicious a few simple, fresh ingredients can be when put together.
· 2 slices of sourdough bread
· 1 large ripe tomato
· 1 packaged of fresh mozzarella
· Bibb Lettuce
· 1 avocado
· Olive oil mayo
· Handful of fresh basil
· Sea Salt
1. Chop a handful of fresh basil and mix with ¼ cup of olive oil mayo.
2. Spread mayo on both slices of bread.
3. Rinse a few leaves of Bibb lettuce, pat dry and place on bread.
4. Top with sliced tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and a few slices of avocado.
5. Season with sea salt and pepper.