Valentine's Day Mini Series No. 1
I know this series may not appeal to all but I promise it's not all sappy love stuff. I want to make it fun and exciting! This week I will be doing a Valentine's Day mini series, sharing all sorts of things from gift guides and sweet recipes to outfit inspiration and free printables.
So whether you're going on a date with your significant other or have galentine's brunch plans, I'm sharing three different Valentine's Day looks this week in addition to some other fun stuff. When I was in college there was always some function or event going on that I felt the need to buy a new outfit for. Needless to say, I ran out of room in my closet and ended up with a lot of pieces that I didn't absolutely love. This post isn't only about a Valentine's Day inspired outfit, but it's also about finding ways to make what you have in your closet work for different occasions...like Valentine's Day. :)
|Photos: Jennifer Collins Photography|
I absolutely love this first dress. The lace details are everything. I spring at the opportunity to dress up any chance I get. This is perfect for a fancy evening out to dinner, or attending a formal function. I'm also holding onto this little number for an upcoming spring wedding. Between special occasion dinners, formal events and weddings, I think I'm going to get a lot of wear out of this gorgeous lace dress. And side note, I found it on Tobi.com, which is a great website with tons of cute inexpensive dresses. I think mine may be sold out, but you can find two similar ones here.
So find a reason to get dressed up this Valentine's Day and head out for a night on the town! Here are a few date night recommendations!
1. Fine Dining: Ambiance is everything. My husband often chooses restaurants based on the way they look inside. It really sets the tone for the evening. So find a sexy restaurant, make a reservation, get dressed up and indulge in a meal that you wouldn't normally prepare at home.
2. Book a local stay: Stay cations can be a lot of fun, especially if you're like me and are constantly on the go. Book a room at a romantic hotel and enjoy an evening in your home town. Head out for dinner and then have cocktails at the hotel bar. Pretending to be tourists can be fun.
3. Sunset Cruise: We are so fortunate to be surrounded by water in beautiful Charleston, SC. If you live on the coast, book a late afternoon cruise, take in the little views and enjoy the sunset.
4. Attend a show: Whether it's a Broadway show, musical, play or concert, but tickets to see a live show. It's a great way enjoy time together and do something different.
5. Wine Blending: Love vino? Find a place that offers wine blending classes. Learn a little more about it and take home a special bottle the two of you prepared.
What are some of your favorite date night ideas?
Photo Credit: Jennifer Collins Photography