If this tasty toast hasn't landed on your plate then I'm certain it has at least come across your Instagram Feed. I feel like avocado toast has gotten a lot of hype over the past few months. Why would something so simple and easy be worthy of talking about?!? Well... because avocado is not only good for you, but add it to some toasted bread along with a few other ingredients and you have something delicious on your plate. This has been my breakfast of choice for the past few months and I can honestly say that I'm not sick of it yet. My version is a little different than the original toast...
This is so simple and easy to prepare, leaving you with no excuse to not eat breakfast before dashing out the door to go to work.
Simply toast an English muffin...
Top with a few slices of avocado and a dash or two of hot sauce.
Add sliced tomato.
And finish if off with a fried egg.
Breakfast is served!
Avocado & Egg Breakfast Muffin
1 Whole Wheat English muffin (I prefer Thomas)
Texas Pete Hot Sauce (or hot sauce of preference)
Lawry’s Seasoning Salt
1. Slice open an English muffin and place the two halves in a toaster oven. Toast until the edges brown.
2. While the muffin is toasting, heat a small nonstick fry pan with olive oil and fry an egg. Careful not to overcook, you want the yolk to be runny. Season with a small amount Lawry’s seasoning salt.
3. Slice one half of an avocado into pieces and place on the muffin once it has finished toasting. Add a few dashes of hot sauce (to your preference).
4. Slice a tomato and place on top of the avocado.
5. Finish off by topping it all with the fried egg.