I came across this recipe on pinterest one day and decided to give it a try. I switched the ingredients up a little and have been hooked ever since. These are not only a quick and easy dinner option, but they also taste great and are versatile. There are so many other ingredients you could fill these magical little egg roll wrappers with, but for now I will stick with chicken.
First I shred the chicken into a bowl and mix in buffalo wing sauce. Next is the egg roll prep. I start with a small amount of broccoli slaw, top with the shredded chicken and then add cheese.
A few things to note:
- The egg roll wrappers can be found in the produce section near the cold ingredients. (I wish I had known this before...I searched all over the store.)
- Adding too much broccoli slaw will cause the egg roll wrappers to tear. (I say this from experience.)
- Trying to explain how to fold the wrappers sounds complicated however, it's much easier to actually do it than explain it.
Once the filling has been added near a corner of the wrapper, fold that edge over. Follow by folding in the left side and the ride side and finish rolling. Place the egg rolls wrappers on a baking sheet, lightly spraying the tops with spray butter or pam if you want them to be more golden brown.
Bake at 400 for 15 to 20 minutes or until the tops and edges are brown.
Serve these crispy buffalo rolls with a side of ranch for dipping. Which by the way, I have found a delicious ranch dressing that's guilt free because it's made with yogurt.
Bolthouse Farms makes several different flavors and the ones that I've had so far are really good. I highly recommend giving them a try.
Buffalo Chicken Rolls
1 Rotisserie chicken
1 Pack of egg roll wrappers
Buffalo wing sauce
Shredded cheddar cheese
Bolthouse Farms Ranch dressing or dressing of choice
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Pull chicken off of the bones, discarding the skin and shred into pieces into a mixing bowl. Once all of the chicken has shredded, add buffalo wing sauce to the chicken coating it to your preference.
3. Lay out egg roll wrappers on a cutting board. Add a small bit of broccoli slaw to the left hand bottom corner of the wrapper.
4. Next add shredded chicken on top of the broccoli slaw.
5. Top with cheese. I used cheddar but feta or blue cheese would be great as well.
6. Tightly roll up the wrappers starting by folding over the stuffed corner first. Then fold in the left and right sides and continue to roll tightly.
7. Spray the tops of the wrappers with spray butter. This helps with the browning process.
8. Bake for approximately 15 to 20 minutes or until the wrappers are brown and crisp.
9. Serve with a side of ranch for dipping or whatever your preference may be.