First up the dough making process.
For the wet ingredients: Soften butter in medium size bowl, add 1 egg, vanilla, sugar and mix well. Measure out the flour separately in a large bowl.
Bake the cookies on 325 for about 8 to 10 minutes or until the edges become slightly brown. I prefer these cookies to be soft so I don't let the edges get too dark. Remove the cookies from the oven and let cool before plating.
2 sticks of butter
1 cup of sugar
2 tablespoons of milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla
3 cups of self-rising flour
1 jar of strawberry preserves
1. Preheat oven to 325.
2. Soften 2 sticks of butter for just a few minutes in the microwave on medium heat.
3. In a large bowl beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Blend in egg, milk and vanilla.
4. Combine flour with the wet ingredients, mixing until well blended.
5. Refrigerate dough for 1 hour, allowing for easier handling.
6. Once the dough has chilled, remove from refrigerator. Using a tablespoon, scoop out dough and roll into balls(about the size of a golf ball or just a bit smaller).
7. Flatten the balls slightly and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
8. Press your thumb in the center creating a small indention.
9. Fill the indention with the strawberry preserves.
10. Bake cookies at 350 for approximately 8 to 10 minutes or just until the edges are a very light brown.